See if franchising is right for you.
The business planning experts at Business Resource Software, Inc. have written a number of articles addressing aspects of the creation, analysis and documentation of your business and marketing strategies. Select any topic:
- Dupont Chart
- Illustrates the relationship between key ratios and components of a business.
- A Mission Statement
- What is it? Why is it needed? How specific should it be?
- Strategic Marketing Plan
- This article addresses strategies for pricing, distribution, promotion, advertising and market segmentation. Factors such as market penetration, market share, profit margins, budgets, financial analysis, capital investment, government actions, demographic changes, emerging technology and cultural trends are also addressed.
- Issues Influencing Price
- This article addresses a variety of factors that should be considered when establishing a price for your product or service. These include pricing methods, the impact of your enterprise objectives, the effects of competition, the influence of the prospect’s perception, characteristics of your product or service, your enterprise resources and environmental influences.
- Market Segmentation
- A market is composed of many buyer groups. These can be categorized by their needs. Each category has unique characteristics that influence the decision to buy.
- Income Statement
- A description of the Income Statement, also known as the P&L Statement. It is a projection of your revenue and expenses.
- Cash Flow Statement
- A description of the Cash Flow Statement. It projects if and when you will need an infusion of operating capital.
- Balance Sheet
- A description of the Balance Sheet. It shows the assets, liabilities and financial health of your business.
- Financial Ratios
- Investors use a variety of ratios to evaluate your financial projections. It is to your advantage to understand the more commonly used ones.
- Glossary of Business Terms
- A glossary of terms commonly used in analyzing a marketing strategy and documenting a business plan.