See if franchising is right for you.
EcoClear – Financial Plan
- All figures are in real dollars;
- All costs incurred during the initial six-month period of negative cashflows have been shown as January 1997 expenses;
- Expenses for new R&D efforts are included in the Financial Statements. However, revenue for these efforts are not included;
- Straight line growth has been assumed for the filter markets;
- Market penetration is calculated as a five year cumulative normal distribution. The average diffusion rate for each year was used to calculate sales revenue;
- Royalty payments from EcoClear Inc. to ABF ($1 per unit) are paid from year two onwards;
- Royalty payments are received quarterly in arrears;
- Dividend payments are 50% of Net Profits After Tax.
Summary Financial Results (Expected Scenario)
The Internal Rate of Return (IRR) calculated from the projected profit streams and the end of year 5 valuation of the company (P/E = 10) is 112%. The Net Present Value (NPV) discounted at 40% is $4.5 million.
Key Performance Indicators
|NPAT as % of Sales||-310||19||40||44||45|
|NPAT as % of Total Assets||-172||43||57||52||45|
|NPAT as % of Paid Capital||-46||24||145||288||353|
|NPAT as % Shareholder’s Funds||-172||55||106||103||78|
Proforma Financial Statements
The following tables show the forecast Profit and Loss statements, Cash Flows and Balance Sheets for the first five years of operation under the ‘Expected Scenario’.
EcoClear Inc. is seeking, in an Investor.,
- $300,000 equity capital;
- Pool industry experience (preferable); and
- Harmonious relationship (personality fit).
The Investor will receive from EcoClear Inc.:
- 33% equity (200,000 shares);
- Two seats on the Board, which has an independent Chairperson;
- Shareholder agreement that protects all stockholders;
- The shareholders’ agreement requires unanimous consent for annual budgets, dividend policy, acquisition of debt and dilution of shareholding. Dispute resolution is through an agreed third party arbitrator, if required;
- Performance contract with management team;
- In the event that the management fails to exceed the ‘worst case scenario’ financials the management contract lapses. The future of the management team will then be decided by the board;
- Five year exit value of equity approaching $8 million (assuming P/E = 10).
- NPV to the investor of dividend stream and exit value (discounted at 40%) is $1.4 million, with an internal rate of return of 101%;
- Payback from dividends alone in 3.1 years (see table below).
Dividend Streams ($)
|Entities||Share of Equity||1997||1998||1999||2000||2001|
The EcoClear water filtration technology is truly innovative. It satisfies long felt needs in the US pool filtration industry. It also offers promising applications in other industries and geographical markets. The management team trusts you will agree that EcoClear Inc. represents an exciting and lucrative investment. The management team look forward to discussing this opportunity with you in greater detail.
|Table of Contents||Appendices|
|1. Executive Summary
2. The Company
3. Marketing Plan
4. Operational Plan
5. Financial Plan
|Proforma Financial Statements
Sources and Uses of Funds
Break Even Analysis
Worse Case Scenario
Direct Production Costs
|All information herein is confidential and belongs to EcoClear,Inc.|