See if franchising is right for you.
Application Tech – Deal Structure
In order to attract sufficient venture capital as well as the best management team available, Application Technologies Inc. have structured the ownership of the technology as follows:
INVESTMENT AND RETURN
We are seeking equity capital of $2,200,000 to fund the next phase in our business in exchange for 40% equity. The funds will be divided equally between the development of manufacturing capability and operational expenses incurred in the first 18 months of operation.
By 2003 Application Technologies expect to generate sales of about $36.6 million, profits of $11.6 million, and have $20.8 million in cash in the bank.
|$ in thousands||1999||2000||2001||2002||2003|
Table 2 – Financial HighlightsBased on a price/earnings ratio of 10 (industry range: 11 to 40), the initial investment will be worth approximately $46.5 million in 2003. The five-year internal rate of return is 84% with a net present value of $18.2 million, assuming a 15% risk adjusted discount rate.
The pouch has the ability to become one of the leading brands in several categories. At the same time we are only entering into a limited number of the potential huge variety of applications for the pouch. We therefore consider our company to be well positioned as a premier buy-out for a larger packaging company within three to five years from incorporation.
Within this time frame we will have all the critical elements in place to make a buy-out very attractive:
- We will have mastered the manufacturing technology to bring the product to market.
- The patents on the technology as well as the manufacturing process will have been well established and proven in the marketplace.
- The consumer need and acceptance of the technology will have been proven
- Several premier brands will be packaging product in the technology, while a large number of categories will remain unexplored providing upside potential to a larger firm.
- Application Technologies will be profitable with a strong management team in place.
|Application Technologies Inc.|
|Table of Contents||Appendices|
|1. Executive Summary
2. Business Description
3. Management Team
4. Market Analysis
5. Marketing Strategy
6. Operations Strategy
7. Critical Risks
8. Deal Structure
|Notes on Financials
|All information herein is confidential and belongs to Application Technologies Inc.|