See if franchising is right for you.
2MBA – The Organization
3.1 Registered Name
Manufacturing & Marketing Beverage Appliances, Incorporated (2MBA, Inc.)
3.2 Commencement of Operations
2MBA, Inc. will commence assembly operations in Pennsylvania in January 2001 (refer Appendix F).
This venture grew out of a relationship with the inventor of the MVU, Mr. Brian Pelerman, the Management team, and the strategy team of Nestle Australia. Brian’s innovation met the needs of Nestle’s cart/vending strategy and a subsequent 8 year arrangement for Brian’s company to manufacture the La Barista was entered into. In early to mid 1999 Nestle test marketed the MVU and La Barista in Australia. The venture has been extremely successful. As a result, Brian approached 2MBA, Inc. to assist him in developing a strategy to take the products into the American market. He and Nestle saw in the 2MBA, Inc. management team the necessary skills and drive that would ensure the success of the Australian project was replicated in the United States. The Nestle company are in the business of marketing brands, not manufacturing equipment, so there is a perfect fit between this larger company and the skills and products of JAJA Pty. Ltd. and MVU Pty. Ltd. Currently, there are negotiations continuing into Nestle adopting the MVU and La Barista worldwide. In the US market, 2MBA, Inc. will also target non-Nestle customers.
3.4 Mission Statement
2MBA, Inc. challenges benchmarks in the beverage appliance sector. We manufacture and market innovative beverage equipment products to corporate owners of major food brands. We find ways to “do what the others don’t”.
3.5 Vision Statement
Through our diverse professional skills and clarity of purpose and values, we aim to achieve an IPO (or Trade Sale) by 2006.
3.6 Organizational Objectives
- Finalize Nestle contract for supply of MVUs & La Barista units by October 2000.
- Achieve recurring profits of a minimum $7 million by Year 5.
- Research and establish three other innovative products by Year 3, ready to market by year six.
3.7 Organizational Values
- Transparency in all dealings with key stakeholders
- Commitment to customers
- Collaborative approach to new products.
3.8 Founders and Management Team
The Management team is comprised of Anthony Underwood, Justine de Mestre, Adrian Wood and Justin Craig. The Management team is complimented by two advisors: Brian Pelerman (Strategy and Marketing advisor) and Alan Rotherhan (Technical advisor). The Management team is highly motivated, experienced and well qualified. The team is strongly positioned to take advantage of this opportunity (Appendix G). The team has:
- Proven business start-up skills, with bottom line responsibility
- Experience in business start up (finance, marketing, operations and legal aspects)
- Personality profiles that reflect the synergies of cohesive group dynamics
Brian has significant skills and experience in marketing and strategy. Alan established the MVU factory in Australia (Appendix E).
3.9 Major Milestones Achieved to Date
- Identification of unsatisfied market need to simplify coffee preparation while maintaining quality taste
- In principle agreement with Nestle to supply 2,300 La Baristas and MVUs over 5 years
- Successful trials of La Barista in Australia over 12 months
- Blanket approval for the MVU by Melbourne City Council
- Competitor analysis undertaken to establish uniqueness of La Barista product benefits
- MBA, Inc. granted license for US market, with options on Canada, Mexico and South America, for La Barista
- MBA, Inc. granted license by MVU Pty Ltd to assemble MVUs in the US in order to fulfill Nestle contract
- Commitment of management team through investment of hurt money
- Development of Business Plan
3.10 Brief Resumes of the Management Team
Academic Qualifications: BBus (QUT) MBA(Bond) CPA
Academic Qualifications: MBA (Bond, part)
Academic Qualifications: BBus BPsych (Hons) (Griffith)
Justine de Mestre
Academic Qualifications: BA (Hons) (ANU) Grad Dip in Applied Finance and Investment (SIA) MusStud MBA (Bond)
Brian Pelerman (Inventor)
Previous marketing and strategy advisor to Brambles (USA) and McDonalds (USA) and other organizations.
Successfully taken and harvested two engineering ventures in the USA and developed successful fully operated assembly line in Australia.
3.11 Business Structure
The proposed business structure is:
3.12 Board Structure
The Investor, in addition to the capital introduced to the venture, will also have experience in dealing with and/or contacts in customer large organizations who are active in our markets. Such organizations would include large retailers that sell take away coffee to the public.
An independent non-executive Chairperson will be appointed. This person will be able to introduce the Management team to owners of major corporate brands and will have developed a reputation for integrity in all business dealings. This Chairperson will be familiar with what is involved in preparing companies for an IPO and preferably have successfully taken a company to this stage.
The Management team’s company will be represented on the Board by two members. Initially, these will be Anthony Underwood and Justine de Mestre.
MVU Pty. Ltd. will have one seat.
|Table of Contents||Appendices|
|0. Executive Summary
1. The Offer
2. The Products
3. The Organization
4. Strategic Analysis
5. Key Strategic Issues
6. Marketing Plan
7. Production Plan
8. Organization Plan
9. Financial Plan
|A. Internal Environment Analysis
B. Critical Risks and Problems
C. SWOT Analysis
E. Production Layout
F. Action Plan
G. Team Member Details
H. Reference Sources
I. Financial Analysis Worksheets
|All information herein is confidential and belongs to 2MBA, Inc.|